Terms & Conditions
- The Contract of Hire shall be between the hirer/tenant and the property
owners. In these terms and conditions:
"Owner" means the owner of the property.
"Property" means the property that you reserve through Us.
"tenant" means cou the customer.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
Scottish law. In accepting these conditions you agree to submit to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- THE HOUSING (SCOTLAND) ACT 1988
- Tenancy is defined by schedule 12(2) and paragraph 8 schedule 4 “a
tenancy the purposes of which is to confer on the tenant the right to
occupy the house for a holiday” The length of the tenancy agreed
- FORCE MAJEURE
- We shall not be liable for any loss, damage, effect on you holiday
suffered by you due to events beyond our reasonable control with regard
to our obligations to you No compensation, expenses or any sums of any
description shall be payable in these circumstances by us.
- LEGALITY OF CONSTITUENT PART OF CONTRACT
- Should any part of this contract be deemed out with enforable law
the constituent part shall not be deemed to form part of the contract.
This shall not then effect the remainder of the contract.
- The tenant sighing the booking form agrees that they are authorised
to make this booking on behalf of all those who shall be renting the
property - all parties must be named. The signatory must be over 18
years of age and agrees to take full responsibility for the property
and the payment of any rental/fees or damages.
- If booking in advance that is up to six weeks in advance you are required
to pay one quarter of the rental fee is to be paid. Bookings at six
weeks and closer to your chosen date require the rental to be paid in
If no fee is paid in either circumstances the owner reserves the right
to cancel this booking. The owner is not bound to remind the client.
The advance booking fee with then be forfeit.
- Once a booking has been made and accepted a legally binding contract
is entered into, and the tenant will be liable for payment of the full
amount of rent. If it is possible to re-let the property for the period
of cancellation only 10% of the total rent will be kept, plus any special
advertising expenses or agent's commission will be kept, and the balance
of any money paid will be refunded. Cancellation must be made in writing.
The date of cancellation is taken from the date of receipt by the owners
of this written confirmation.
- GOOD HOUSEKEEPING DEPOSIT
- A deposit the sum of which shall be agreed in the booking form shall
be levied. The total sum or part of this sum shall be forfeit should
any damage to the property fitments furniture or equipment occur or
should additional cleaning be required. The owner shall be the sole
arbiter of the cost of reparation. The owner reserves the right to take
further action through legal channels additional to this sum.
- Insurance against cancellation is strongly advised.
- Agreement must be obtained before any pet enters the property. The
owners do not accept liability for the safety of pets. Pets are not
allowed into sleeping accommodation. They are not allowed on furniture/work
surfaces. They should not be left unsupervised at any time. Any damage
incurred by pets shall be the responsibility of the principal signatory.
Pets will be controlled and not cause distress/harm to livestock. An
additional fee is incurred the rate at which it is set and shall be
agreed between the owner and principal signatory.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS/INSPECTION
- Reasonable access should be allowed by the tenants to the owners/representatives
of the owners. Reasonable notice shall be given by the owners/their
representatives. When a situation could reasonably be considered an
emergency no notice is required and access shall be allowed.
- TENANTS OBLIGATIONS
- The tenants agree to pay for any damage of loss caused by them or
their party/guests. They shall inform the owner (in advance of tenancy)
of any change/additions to named parties. Tenants shall not cause noise/nuisance
to neighbours adjacent property. Tenants shall maintain the property
and all fitments, furniture and equipment in the like state of repair
and condition as at the time of commencement of tenancy.
- WITHDRAWAL OF PROPERTY.
- If the property becomes unavailable for rental the owners shall strive
to give as much notice as possible and shall make effort to find alternative
accommodation. The tenants shall be refunded their total rental fee
(except under circumstance covered under force majeure). The owners
do not accept any further claim for monies out with this sum.
- BREACH OF CONTRACT
- If the tenant breaches any area of this contract the tenancy shall
be immediately rescinded. The owner shall reserve the right to enter
the property in order to exercise this right. All persons named in the
agreement will be required to leave the premises. In this case the owners
will not be liable to make any payment to you and will retain rental
and deposit monies (where damage has been caused).
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- We shall have no liability for any death or personal injury or for
damage to or loss of your personal property occurring during the period
of the holiday let.
- DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
- Information provided on Booking Forms will remain confidential and
will not be disclosed to a third party or used for any other purpose.
- RIGHT TO REFUSE BOOKINGS
- The owners reserve the right to refuse bookings. Stag/hen parties
and groups of persons under 25 y.o.a. are not normally accepted
So if you are looking for a Holiday Cottage in Newtonmore, the Highlands, Scotland to rent or hire
please contact 0131 467 3076 / 07825 950922.
- GLENTHORNE COTTAGE
- RATES &
- DATES AVAILABILITY
- WHAT'S ON LOCALLY
- CONTACT, MAP & DIRECTIONS
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- VISITORS' BOOK
- USEFUL LINKS